In a few months, it will be Christmas. There is no time to dillydally; you need to start planning on how you will decorate your home to match the festive season. To give you a head start, here are some ideas that you may want to apply when using any of our Christmas-themed tablecloths.
1. If the themed tablecloth you chose is a colorful one, it is advisable to use classic and simple white dishes. Saturating your table with colors can easily make it become an eyesore. If you do not have white dishes, then you should invest in them. They are useable in all occasions.
2. Use vintage decorative items. Aside from “raising” the design value of your table, it will make the table more “homey.” Just adding a nice vintage serving plate in the middle of your Christmas table is a nice touch that might go well with common Christmas-themed tablecloths.
3. Add gold and silver colors on your table. The best thing about gold and silver is that they add sparkle and shimmer in almost anything. Take note that you should not force yourself to get gold and silver dishware just to add those colors. You can just add some golden ribbons and be sure to clean and polish your flatware.
4. Sprinkle fresh coarse ground herbs on the table. This works best if your tablecloth’s dominant color is red. Aside from adding some green speckles on your design, ground herbs can add a nice, fresh scent during dinnertime. The only drawback with this is that it can be messy, especially if there will be kids at the dinner table.
5. Forget about the kitsch. The cheap Christmas ornaments you see being sold in dollar stores have already lost their novelty. Unfortunately, there are only a few selections of creative and modern Christmas decorations out there on the market. So, avoid getting those small plastic fir trees or creepy Santa dolls to place on your Christmas-themed tablecloths. Just make your own or go to specialty shops like Etsy where you can purchase unique, handmade Christmas décor to go with your Christmas-themed tablecloth.
6. Match the design with your home’s décor. It’s fun to go overboard with designing tables, but you should always ground your creativity with your interior’s current look. If your house’s design is minimalistic, your table’s design should be simple, too. In designing, it is nice to have one element to be an eye-catching piece. But it is in bad taste to have that same element to be out of place.
7. Take advantage of the power of the color white. There is nothing grander and more luxurious than white. With nice lighting, clean dishware, and a white Christmas-themed tablecloth, you and your guests will feel refreshed whenever you see the table — not to mention that white works well with almost every design possible.
8. An important aspect of decorating Christmas-themed tablecloths is the use of negative spaces. One of the biggest reasons white is a useful color for designing is because of its connection to negative space. Negative space is space that is not occupied. It is also an element that can be used to tell where people should look. For example, a red dot in the middle of a printing paper is easily visible because of the negative space around the dot. If you want to emphasize an element or dish on your table, you should maximize negative space. Forget about filling your table with trinkets. A nice turkey or bonsai plant looks good in the middle of your table if it is accentuated with a lot of negative space.
Guest Authors Bio –
Akshay works as an Interior Designer with Lalco Interiors and he is in love with his job. Thinking up interesting home décor ideas and helping clients implement them is what makes him tick. You can catch up with Akshay and his team and indulge in one of their beautiful home décor pieces for your home at Lalco Interior – Home Decor Shops In Mumbai.